Monday, December 3, 2012

Push Through December

The New Year will be here soon, and that means most will start to make their infamous New Years Resolutions. I always hate the New Year time because the gym gets really busy. Don't get me wrong, I love that people are getting back into the routine of working out, but I also really enjoy having the gym to myself at 5AM.

Anyway, why wait until the New Year to take control of your health? Now is a better time than ever to kick it in gear and finish out 2012 on a positive note. In honor of pushing through to the New Year, join me for a push-up challenge! Every week between now and January 1st, I will post different push-up variations for you to explore along with a goal number for each day.


You can do the push-ups all at one time or a couple a hour. It doesn't matter how you get to your number, but what does matter is getting there and making sure you have good form! Trust me, we will all feel the burn and want to quit, but DON'T! Embrace being uncomfortable and remember that you'll be building muscle! More muscle, means more calories burned... which means you'll burn off the holiday food faster!

For this week, we will start with normal push-ups. For those of you who have trouble with doing full push-ups, check out my previous post on perfecting the push-up. It's a hybrid between a full push-up and a "girl" or assisted push-up. The goal is 40 push-ups a day! 

 Let me know how you are doing in the comments below or on Twitter. Be sure to check back next week for a push-up variation and new challenge number.

Cheers to pushing through to the New Year Fueling Strong style!

No comments:

Post a Comment