Friday, December 7, 2012

It's the Holiday Season

Happy Friday! I love Fridays, but today is even better since Kyle and I took a vacation day. We don't have anything in particular planned other than a good workout!

Last night we had our company holiday party. We started the party off with a gift exchange and company awards. I got the Jog and Blog award since I am the only person in the office who wakes up at the crack of dawn to run before work. I will proudly be displaying that trophy in my office!

Jamie and I created this masterpiece. That's our SVP and boss.

After the awards and a quick game of Battle of the Sexes we went to The Publican. For those of you who live in Chicago, I highly recommend it! We ate in their private area in the grocery store, but they also have a really neat restaurant. I wish I took pictures of the food we had, but I was too busy eating it. I had the Sea Bass with leeks in a vinaigrette and sage roasted acorn squash. It was amazing, other than the large fish bone that I nearly pierced my tongue with on accident.

This is the grocery section of The Publican.

Well, I am off to do an interval workout. I'm planning on running a 30 minute fartlek with 2 minutes on and 1 minute easy. Then followed by 2 miles at race pace. Here goes nothing!




No comments:

Post a Comment