Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Week in Wine Country

Well, as I said in my last post, I am back from vacation. My mom and step dad rented a house in Napa, California as a Christmas gift to my sisters and our significant others, so we spent the week exploring Napa and Sonoma while enjoying a lot of fine wine!

The amazing house! The pictures don't even do it justice.
Wine country is such a beautiful place. The mountains and vineyards literally left me speechless at times. You know what else left me speechless? Running... It was so hard to run near our house because it was literally all straight up the side of a mountain. Rough, but a fun challenge!

Because the run kicked my butt, Kyle and I opted to do a little improvised backyard workout one day. We did a lot of dips, push ups, quick feet drills, squats, lunges, jumping jacks, and chair lifts. Yes, chair lifts. My wonderful husband invented these after deciding that we needed to work the shoulders. Basically, its like doing a plate raise, but with a chair. I was actually sore from doing them.

Mad props to the hubs for utilizing the patio furniture.
Here are some other highlights from our trip:

Jeff surprised us with a limo for the day! Abbey and Tyler were excited!
My mom and I enjoying wine and cheese at Rams Gate Winery
Abbey was tired of wine, so Frias gave her beer in a wine glass. 
Private wine tasting with Rick from Amphora. We got to taste straight from that barrel. 
One of the stores I went to gave me this piece of chocolate because I didn't need a bag. Every place should do this!
The hubs and I at Chateau Montelena
Hiking at the Red Wood Forest. We thought it was just going to be a little trail walk, but it was literally straight up a mountain. So pretty!! Excuse my non hiking clothes, we went wine tasting after. Andy, did you know these Brooks handle the mountains like a gem?
The Red Wood Forest. The trees were seriously 300 feet tall! I stood in awe of God's creation!
Kyle and I at Coppola. 

We spent one day exploring San Fran. Of course we had to take the cable car!

Rick from Amphora filling me up from the barrel. I may of had too much at this point.
I took so many pictures, but I think you can get an idea of what our trip consisted of. Wine, food, mountains, and vineyards. It was a little piece of Heaven. I actually just saw that the Sweat Pink Sonoma group is planning a day in the vineyards soon. For those of you who get to join, have fun! It is seriously a little piece of paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment