Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cheers to a New Year!

I'm back!! Sorry for my silence the past couple of weeks. I was in Napa, California enjoying wine country with my family. I cannot even begin to explain how much I love that place! I will give a full recap in  a future blog post, but first things first, Happy New Year!


I hope 2013 is treating you well so far. It greeted me with a little stomach bug/food poisoning (not sure which one it is) . That made the plane ride home from Cali a little rough. Yep, even got to use the barf bag on the plan....embarrassing... I'm still recovering today, but hopefully I'll feel better soon.

What are you 2013 goals? I've done some thinking, and here are my goals for the upcoming year:

Fitness Goals
  • Run at least two 10 miler races (Lakefront 10 and Soldier Field 10)
  • Run at least two half marathons 
  • Beat my half marathon PR
  • Run the Chicago Marathon
  • Work on listening to my body more
Personal Goals
  • Spend more time in the Word everyday with Kyle 
  • Strive to find the bright side in every situation
  • Pick up my phone more to call my friends rather than just rely on text messaging them all the time 
  • Start to volunteer more
  • Indulge in She Reads Truth devotionals everyday
I'm sure I'll be adding to that list as the year goes on, but for now I think I am off to a good start. Remember, keeping your New Years goals is all about baby steps. You can't expect to become the healthiest person alive in a week. It takes time, but in that time you will progress along the way. Cheers to a new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment