Monday, January 7, 2013

Big Announcements!

Happy Monday! I had one of the most relaxing weekends in a long time. Unfortunately it was so relaxing because I was taking care of my sick husband, but it gave me plenty of time to catch up on some reading and to take down my Christmas decorations.

I hope your week is off to a good start. Like the rest of the world, I usually hate Mondays, but today I jumped out of bed with no second thoughts. I think it's because I knew that I got to wear my new Lululemon shirt to the gym (confessions of a gym rat). That Lulu shirt also motivated me to run an extra timed mile at the end of workout just for fun. Who knew a new workout shirt could do so much?

I have some pretty exciting news for you guys!! Drum roll please....

1. I am now the Chicago ambassador for Claim Your Journey. CYJ is an amazing running initiative that started in Louisiana. The whole goal of the organization is to get people of all shapes, sizes, and athletic abilities to run! I know that running can be intimidating, but my goal is to help get you over your fears and to continue to grow the Chicago running community.


CYJ is doing an Instagram contest right now. Head over to their website to see how you can win a pair of Brooks Running shoes and other great prizes!

2. Another big announcement! I just ordered all of my study materials through ACE to become a certified health coach. I have been praying a lot about whether or not I should take this path, and I feel as though God finally opened the door today. At this point in time my future with it is unclear, but I am excited to study and learn (I'm a huge nerd like that).

Leave it to my sister to ask if I was pregnant via Twitter. Gosh she makes me laugh. 

Well, I'd say this Monday is off to a good start. An Irish win would be icing on the cake! Cheers to a healthy week!

2 comments:

  1. I am interested in the ACE certification, can't wait to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will defiantly let you know. I am excited to get started!

      Delete