Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Add Some Fitness to you Relationship

Tuesday nights have now become date nights for Kyle and me. These are not your typical romantic date nights, though. Instead of going out for dinner, we  go to spinning class together! How's that for romance? It's especially attractive when we both walk out of there a hot mess sweating from head to toe. Ha. I love it!

I've always been a huge spinning fan, but our gym doesn't have many classes in the morning when I like to work out. A couple weeks ago Kyle agreed to try it out, and he became hooked. Now, it's become a weekly routine. We also decided to still get up early that day and work out, do yoga, or spend thirty minutes together enjoying coffee/tea.

After class I didn't feel like cooking, so we ate some leftover Green Chile Zucchini Egg Bake that I made on Saturday. We also shared a green smoothie to top the night off. It was a perfect night:)


I know you are curious about the egg bake we had, so don't worry I'm going to give you the recipe! It's delicious! I got the recipe from Carrie and Brandon over at Our Life In Food. I love it because it incorporates cottage cheese to increase the protein, and the green chiles add a very unique flavor.

Give it a try and let me know what you think. Also I highly suggest adding a little bit of fitness to your relationship! I always say couples that workout together stay together. It's always great to have someone push you a little harder and to hold you accountable. I feel like I get some of my best workouts with Kyle because I am so competitive that I try to beat him at everything.


                                                     Green Chile Zucchini Egg Bake
                                                      Inspired by Our Life in Food

Ingredients

10 Large Eggs
1 1/2 C Zucchini, grated and squeezed dry with a paper towel
1 4oz Can Green Chiles
1 C Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 C Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Instructions 

1. Set your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk 10 eggs in a large bowl until well mixed.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until all combined.
4. Spray a 9x13 pan, and pour the eggs into the pan.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the middle is set.


1 comment: