Friday, August 17, 2012

Traveling Smart

Good morning everyone, and happy Friday! I am getting very excited about the weekend. Kyle's rugby season starts, so we will be in Milwaukee tomorrow, and then it is time for my favorite event of the summer, the Chicago Air and Water show.

I spent the last two days in Austin, Texas for work. It was my first time in Austin, and despite the heat, I found it charming. My co-worker grew up there, so she gave me a tour of 6th Street and also found us an amazing restaurant to eat dinner. If you find yourself in the city, I recommend the Roaring Fork for some cedar planked salmon.

I love to travel, but I hate when airports do not offer healthy food options. Luckily, I have learned over the years to bring my own food with me on trips to ensure that I keeping fueling my body properly. For this trip, I packed: bananas, apples, a Peanut Butter Kashi bar, a Pumpkin Spice Flax Kashi Bar, Green Tea, Go Raw Pizza Flax Snax, and almonds with Kashi Go Lean Original Cereal. 


Don't worry, I didn't eat that all in one day. I made sure to pack enough for two days, and extras in case I did not have time for lunch during our busy meeting schedule. I know your first thought is, "This girls loves Kashi!" Well, I can't deny that, I am a huge advocate of what the brand stands for and they make amazing food. Also, very few brands offer a cereal that has 13 g of protein and 10 g of fiber in one cup! Mix Kashi Go Lean Original Cereal with some almonds, and you have the perfect high protein trail mix to keep you going throughout the day.

You also won't catch me traveling without my my Brooks Adrenaline running shoes. Not only are they helpful if you have tight flight connections, but I also prefer to explore a new city with long runs. Sometimes there is nothing like getting "lost" on a run in a new place. On my last trip to Dallas in February, I was even lucky enough to meet up with my friend Andy who gave me a running tour of the city. If any of you would like a running tour of Chicago, let me know. I would love to show you around via foot.

                                    


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with activity and laughter. Whether you are running a race, walking the mall, or playing sand volleyball... your body deserves the proper food to keep you fueling strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment