Monday, November 19, 2012

Sweating Pink

Happy Monday! You know what makes this Monday better than all of the other Mondays? It's a 3 day work week, now that is music to my ears! 

I hope you all had a great weekend. This weekend, I upgraded my shoe collection with a pair of neon pink soccer cleats. Let me rewind really fast, I used to play soccer and loved it! Then, I was introduced to volleyball and had to decide between the two since they are in the same season. Obviously, volleyball trumped and took me on an amazing ride. That being said, last year I agreed to join some of our friends in what I thought was going to be a recreational soccer league. Yes, it was rec, but these people took it seriously! I personally just enjoyed running up and down the field. I vowed after last season to never play again, but of course the competitive side of me chose to play again this year. 

Yes, I know the socks make this outfit even better. You should see Kyle's, they are Superman socks and  literally have a cape flying off the back. 
That being said, I decided to stop ruining my running shoes and bought some sweet cleats. On top of that, I'm also getting a little more serious about playing and actually getting better. Dad, I actually headed a ball this weekend just like the old days. I knew that'd make him happy. Anyway, the new pink cleats make me feel like Usain Bolt, so watch out others in the soccer league! 

Anything is better in pink!
Speaking of pink.... I got asked to be a Sweat Pink Ambassador last week!! For those of you wondering what this means, I am now an ambassador for a healthy living community that believes: 

"Kicking ass is best done in pretty shoes. We've learned that real women sweat and sweat hard! We know that assertiveness, strength, and ambition are the ultimate feminine qualities. We are convinced that sometimes it takes hours to get ready, but we're no strangers to rolling out of bed and going. We're convinced that we run fast in pink shoelaces. We believe in pushing ourselves, and we believe in giving ourselves a break too. We're all about the rush of endorphins and the thrill of the challenge. We're all for looking great and feeling even better. We're committed to finding our best fit, and making it stick."

I am so excited to be an ambassador for them and to continue to help others live a healthy lifestyle! Have a great week everyone and remember to stay committed to your fitness through the holiday season! 
_________________________________________________________________________________
Month of Gratitude:

I am grateful that I have grandparents who enjoy living a healthy lifestyle in their late 70's and that they have taught me that living a healthy lifestyle isn't just about eating healthy and being active. It's also about having time alone with God everyday. 

I love how they will kayak for 3+ hours at a time like it's their job! It's not every day you have your grandpa begging you to go out with him to kayak in 6 foot waves for fun! God has surely blessed me, and I love learning from them as much as they love learning from me. 




1 comment: