Friday, November 2, 2012

Aunty Brag Book

I think I am still in denial that it is already November! That means it's time to start planning my Thanksgiving menu (partially done), decide what to buy Kyle, and start the rest of my Christmas shopping. O boy! Before I get too involved in the upcoming holidays, I want to take a second to turn my blog into an Aunty Brag Book.


Yep, that little cutie went as the world's cutest lion cub for Halloween! We Facetimed for a little bit, and let me tell you his little roar was the cutest thing ever! While I'm on the topic of Halloween, Kyle went as a basketball player with too short of shorts and I went as Jay Cutler with his new baby and baby carrier. Now that I think about it, Kyle kind of resembles a gymnast with his outfit as well.
Being Jay Cutler required lots of pouty faces. 
Were you guys able to say NO to the Halloween candy? My mom helped me defeat my candy cravings with an Edible Arrangement! When I saw it at the front desk, I contemplated not telling Kyle because I love fruit that much, but I was nice.

This included chocolate covered pineapple... delicious! 
In addition to devouring this masterpiece, I also made Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew. It was so good I forgot to photograph it for all of you, but just go to the link and try the recipe out! I forgot to add the coconut milk at the end, but without it was still delicious and a satisfying protein filled meatless meal!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am off to Iowa tomorrow morning for Kyle's rugby play offs. Here's to hoping there are some decent places to run. Keep fueling strong this weekend!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Month of Gratitude:
Many people write on Facebook about what they are thankful for throughout the month of November. I thought I'd do the same with my blog. Every post I will post something different throughout the month.

Today I am thankful for my husband and his positive outlook on life. He helps me see the best in every situation, and has helped me to worry less about the uncontrollables in life. He may not realize it, but he inspires me every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment