Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chronicles of a Rugby Wife

Well, we had an interesting Tuesday night in the Toombs' house. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, Kyle has rugby practice until 9PM, so I usually do some yoga and practice new recipes while he is gone. Last night I was getting ready to make pumpkin bread when I noticed Kyle was calling me. 

Kyle: "Hey babe, I'm coming home to get my wallet because I need to go to the hospital to get stitches.  Oh- and we have to take the guy that I hit heads with because he needs them too..." [said causally like it was no big deal]

A year or two ago I would have freaked out about Kyle needing stitches, but over time I have learned that this is all apart of being a Rugby Wife. Thinking about it now, I should have added a line to our vows that said..."I will love you even when you track mud in the house, call me to take you to the ER, and keep your smelly cleats in the bedroom..."  What can I say, being a rugby wife is always entertaining. 


Anyway, Kyle cut open his eye during a drill. He did the same thing last year to his other eye nearly 2 weeks after our wedding! I guess now his scars are even.The doctor was great and decided to glue the wound to hopefully minimize the scaring. Fingers crossed it heals as well as his last one. Don't worry, the other guy is fine too. He actually did this same exact thing to his other eye a while back, so both guys knew the routine. 


Well, being a rugby wife never gets old. My handsome husband loves to keep me on my toes. Who knows what he will throw at me next. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that he keeps his cleats outside tonight so they don't stink up the whole house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment