Thursday, September 6, 2012

Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip


Rumor on the street is the weather is supposed to get cooler this weekend! I cannot explain how excited that makes me! It is time to dig out my fall clothes (and purchase some new ones), stock up on pumpkin/squash, and enjoy some football. Life doesn’t get much better than that. I will warn you now; I love pumpkin and squash, so prepare to see me use it in a lot of future recipes.

Fall has always been my favorite season. Not only do I love to watch the trees change, but fall also means its volleyball season. For those of you who do not know, I was blessed to play volleyball at the collegiate level, and the sport still holds a special place in my heart. I often find myself day dreaming about the good old days of high school and college volleyball.  I admit, I miss it a lot, but some days my body thanks me for not making it jump three hours a day.

I miss game day!
Enough reminiscing, it's snack time! If you are looking for a healthy snack, try this Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip. It is simple to make, and filled with protein to keep you satisfied for hours! The base is pretty flexible, so feel free to add in other ingredients. For example, if you are looking for a little sweetness add in dark chocolate chips, or if you want to add more heart healthy fats try some chopped nuts. Eat it with apples (or other fruit), and you will find yourself in engrossed in the prefect snack made up of carbs, fibers, protein, and healthy fats. This snack will keep you fueling strong throughout the whole day!




                                                         Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
                                                         Inspired by Hello Giggles
                                                                      Serves 2 
 Ingredients
1 single serving container of Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 1/2 T Peanut Butter (Crunchy or Creamy)
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Honey

Start Mixing

1. Combine all of the ingredients above
2. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving
3. Serve with apples, bananas, pretzels, and/or graham crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment