Friday, September 21, 2012

Yoga Pants & Pumpkin Muffins Brighten My Day

I came home to a wonderful surprise last night! Kyle knew I did not have the best day, so he stopped by Athleta on his way home. This guy knows the way to me heart, yoga pants! Here is the newest member of my wardrobe. If I had it my way, I would never get out of them, but unfortunately yoga pants are not looked highly upon at work.


Speaking of work, we closed out summer today with an office outing to the putt-putt course. My golfing partner and I managed to dominate the course and won the competition! Not only did we win the competition, but we also won the "green jackets." They aren't nearly as attractive as the Master's jackets, but we are pretty darn proud of them.



For those of you who read my last post, Kyle is healing well. Don't worry, I was also able to make the pumpkin muffins that I intended to make the night he cut his eye open. Many pumpkin muffin recipes are filled with fat and sugar, but I found this recipe from Alida's Kitchen that cuts the fat and sugar in half by adding bananas. Don't worry, the banana flavor does not over power the pumpkin, it actually enhances it. Give this recipe a try, and let me know what you think.


                                                              Pumpkin Banana Muffins
                                                                 Makes 14-16 Muffins
                                                            Inspired by Alida's Kitchen

Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 bananas, mashed
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Start Baking

1.  Set your oven to 350 degrees and line the muffin pan with paper holders.
2. In a large bowl, mix together both flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a separate bowl, mash the banana and add pumpkin, oil, eggs, and vanilla together.
4. Add the pumpkin mix to the dry ingredients. Make sure you do not over mix or the muffins will be tough.
5. Divide the batter between 14-16 cups and bake for 13-15 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment