Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday Chobani!

Good news, my vision is coming back. It's not 100% yet, but I can see a lot better! What makes being able to see even better is that the weather here in Chicago is abnormally warm. It's supposed to be 76 degrees today. That means I can run in my shorts along the lake and not worry about a thing. I can't believe I get to look at this while I run despite living in a massive city!

Running here is therapeutic. 

I just found out that I missed Chobani's 5th birthday last week! How dare I miss such an important birthday. I may have missed out on giving them an official blog worthy birthday wish, but you better believe that I celebrated by eating some. 

Around 4 o'clock everyday I treat myself to a Greek yogurt (usually Chobani). There are so many different flavors, but I enjoy buying plain and adding my own mix-ins. Next time you are in the mood for some Chobani/Greek Yogurt, give one of these versions a try:
  • Vanilla Honey - 1/2 T Honey + 1 T Vanilla Protein Powder
  • Chocolate - 1 T Sugar Free Pudding Mix
  • Pumpkin - 1 T Pumpkin Butter + 1 tsp Honey
  • Fruity - Add any fruit you want! It's a natural sweetener. Some of my favorites include: berries and bananas
  • Nutty - Slivered almonds + Granola or Kashi Go Lean Cereal + 1/2 T Honey
The combinations are endless. What is your favorite yogurt mix-in?

You can also use plain yogurt as a sour cream substitute. It may sound like an odd alternative, but it doesn't alter the taste at all. Not only is it lower in fat, but it also will increase the protein in your dish. Give it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment